Spring Into Shape

Turns out my sporadic workouts and half-assed attempt at the Couch to 5K program over the past few months allowed me to retain some small remnant of the fitness I had built up last Fall. I went for a skate along the lakeshore today and felt uncharacteristically strong for April. I calculated that my typical skate is about 13km and I do it in about 45-50 minutes, depending on the wind. That's roughly 16km/hour. Not bad considering my typical bike ride is one hour at an average of 20km/hour. However, it's the people more so than the terrain that slow me down on my bike. 20km/hour is about as fast as you can responsibly ride on the Martin Goodman Trail.

All this bodes well for bikini time. My goal is to lose 3-5lbs (I don't own a scale so I just go by how my jeans fit) and continue to tone up and I've signed up for another boot camp for four weeks in May to help me do exactly that. Don't get me wrong though, I love my body - always have, always will - I just want to show it off to it's best potential this Summer because I'm proud of how well I've been taking care of myself lately.

This also bodes well the Ride for Heart on June 6. It'll be my fourth year in a row riding the 50km loop and I know this will be the fittest I have ever been going into the event.

0 comments: