Ladyhawk + Constantines = Awesomesauce!

Yet another awesome show at Lee's last Saturday. This time it was Ladyhawk and Constantines, two of my all-time favourite Canadian bands. However, I'm at a loss for words in trying to describe the show. For my sister and I, it was our fourth time seeing Constantines and third time seeing Ladyhawk (the rest in our group were noobs). I could go on and on about how amazing the bands are and how hard they rock out live, but they're both so consistently awesome that it's starting to get a bit repetitive.

Ladyhawk debuted a bunch of new material so I'll be keeping my eye on the record store for their next release. Funny, it usually takes me three listens to really love an album and Ladyhawk is no exception to that rule... except when I see them live. The passion of their live performance always gets me right in the gut and then their albums, whether new or old, end up in heavy rotation on my stereo for weeks to come. After Saturday's show I know I'll love the new album right from the first spin.

Seeing Leslie Feist on stage for the encore was a nice surprise. She and Bryan Webb did their take on Islands In The Stream. I'm a Feist fan and thought the duet was very charming, but I don't think I'll ever be able to hear that song without the voices of Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers in my head. I think I just dated myself.

0 comments: