Psyching Myself Up For The Big Climb

As part of it's annual United Way fundraising campaign, my agency is entering a corporate team in the CN Tower Climb on Oct. 22. I figured, what better way to test the effectiveness of my boot camp? So, I signed up. Then I remembered that I'm kinda claustrophobic and stairwells are not a happy place for me, as I discovered one Summer trying to climb Brock's Monument with my family. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and confront my fear for the sake of a really cool accomplishment. I mean, how many people can say they climbed the world's tallest tower? Besides, it won't be the first time I had to overcome claustrophobia to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Navigating the cramped tunnels of the Great Pyramid of Giza comes to mind - full of tourists and too small to stand up straight.

So, not only will I be raising money for a good cause, I'll also be conquering my fear to acheive a personal goal. If that's not reason enough to sponsor me, then I don't know what is!

CN Tower

0 comments: