My First (Completed) Quilt

I made reference to a secret project in a couple of previous posts. Well, I actually finished it over a month ago but I've been so busy I haven't gotten around to posting about it.

Baby Quilt

It's a baby quilt for my best friends. They're expecting their first child in March. This is the third quilt I have started and the first one to be completed. It was also the most challenging and the one that I put the most effort into. I have so much more patience and dedication when I'm working on a project for someone else.

The quilt was inspired by a Japanese fabric that I ordered from Purlsoho.com. My friends love cute, Japanese things and the animal print has a vaguely 70s feel that reminds me of our youth. I combined it with a couple of 30s repro prints and coordinating dots on white that give the quilt an overall vintagey feel.

Baby Quilt Detail - Deer Baby Quilt Detail - Bunny Baby Quilt Detail - Ducks

It ended up being one of the best things I have ever made and I'm very proud of it. My friends love it, of course. I can't wait to see their little baby wrapped up in it. Or playing on it on the porch at the cottage.

0 comments: