ABC... Always Be Closing

As you can probably tell from my recent posts, I have been in a super crafty mood lately. For the first time in ages, I had no plans last weekend so I dedicated an entire two days to working on projects. There was only one rule - no new projects until I completed some old ones. Let me tell you, it was tough to stay focused what with all the new supplies and inspiration I picked up at the Creativ Festival. But I stuck to my guns and finished the top of my second quilt.

Quilt Top

Second quilt, you ask? It's true, I've yet to complete my first one. But one day I was looking at this awesome vintage fabric I picked up at an antique show and next thing you know I was cutting scraps and assembling blocks. Here's the fabric that set me off.

Quilt Detail

Then yesterday at Crafternoon, I finished the Space Invaders cross-stitch that I've been working on forever.

Space Invaders

It's second in a series. Pac Man was first and Donkey Kong is up next. But I think it will be a while before I start that one because I just received some new fabrics in the mail from purlsoho.com. They're for a new project, with a deadline. But I can't talk about it here because it's a gift.

Despite the obsessive non-stop making, I have yet to work all the craftiness out of my system. My fingers are still itching so expect more completed projects and more photos soon.

0 comments: