Hello, Spring!

Today is the best day ever! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. But it is definitely the best day so far this year. Spring has finally arrived in T.O. It's warm out, the sun is shining and the sky is blue. I left work in the middle of the afternoon and went rollerblading along the lakeshore. The City has being making some great improvements along the Martin Goodman Trail over the last year. Starting out from Ontario Place and heading West to the Humber footbridge, there is only one rough patch of pavement left. I skated out to my favourite look-out point, watched the swans and contemplated the downtown skyline for a few moments before turning around and heading back. And although my workout routine was sporadic, at best, over the Winter it seems I did a better job of maintaining my fitness than in previous years cause I skated for an hour and was feeling really good. Now I'm back home, chilling on the balcony with a cold beer and listening to Broken Social Scene. Ah, Summer music. I feel like I just woke up from hibernation. Tomorrow, I have plans to ride my favourite rail trail en route to the cottage, where I'll be enjoying more cold beer in 20+ degree weather on the beach. Bliss.


0 comments: