Indie Rock Nerdfest

I've been trying to think of something profound to say about last night's Sebadoh show at Lee's Palace. After all, they are one of my favourite bands and this was the first time I saw the original line up (with Eric Gaffney) play live. But I can't think of anything important to write. The show was sold out and the place was packed with 90s indie rock nerds, just like me. And I went with a group of my indie rock nerd friends - the sames ones I've been going to shows with for countless years. We drank a lot of beer. The band focused heavily on its early catalogue (makes sense considering Gaffney), which kept all the nerds happy. I would've like a little more Bakesale-era Barlow. But if you ask me, there's no such thing as enough Bakesale-era Barlow. Still can't complain. It was an awesome show and Lee's never dissapoints as a venue. The sound was amazing, washing the crowd with waves of glorious guitar noise. Then, we continued the beer drinking back at my place, which is why I didn't wake up until 1:00pm today.


0 comments: