Happy New Year! Yes, I'm still here. I didn't get eaten by sharks in Costa Rica. In fact, I've been back for more than a week, just super busy. But now that 2007 is here, it's time to get back on track with the blogging, starting with a recap of my vacation.
So what can I say about Costa Rica? It was such an action packed vacation I don't even know where to begin. Absolutely exceeded all expectations! Kelly is already scouting real estate down there. Here are the highlights...
- Sipping very strong cocktails at the swim up bar in the volcanic hot springs of La Fortuna.
- Rappelling down a 60 metre waterfall in the middle of the rainforest.
- Casados - you'd think we'd get tired of rice, beans and fried plaintain after 11 days, but no.
- Flying along a zip line 130 metres above the rainforest canopy.
- Coconut ice cream.
- Seeing monkeys, toucans, sloths, tarantulas, boa constrictors, hermit crabs, crocodiles, iguanas, hummingbirds, bats, geckos, Morpho butterflies and other wildlife including the endangered Resplendent Quetzal.
- Salsa lessons at the community centre in Monteverde.
- Fresh pineapple and watermelon.
- Christmas day spent swinging in a hammock in a bikini.
- Cute surfer boys who don't own shirts or shoes.
- Picaronas and ice cold Imperial beer.
- Hanging out with my sister for the holidays. We laughed our asses off!