White Squirrels and Pink Robots

How many times will I say, "I have to start carrying a camera with me wherever I go" before I actually remember to do it? Today, I went for a short walk in park and saw the albino squirrel of Trinity Bellwoods. He was just chillin out, poking around in the leaves with the rest of the squirrels. It was the perfect photo op. Four years I've lived across the street from the park and that's only my second albino squirrel sighting. Damn!

And on a totally unrelated note, I downloaded The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots on Music Day. Not a band I've ever been into in the past. But this afternoon I gave it the magical third listen and it totally blew my mind. In The Morning Of The Magicians is so gorgeous and melancholy. It's my non-stop song of the moment.

0 comments: