Where Do People Find The Time?

Lately, I've been making an extra effort to really get my shit together. Not that it hasn't been together to date but there's always room for improvement, you know? I've been getting enough sleep, eating well, exercising and just cleaned my house top to bottom. I'm single right now, so I've also been trying to spend time with my friends, get out in the city and meet some new people. Then there's the new job. It's been taking up extra time because one of my employees just resigned so I'm short-handed. Plus I'm still trying to be super on the ball so I come off all smart cause I'm still the new girl.

And so that's about all I have time for in a day. Usually, I aim to post to my blog about three times a week but I've been doing a piss poor job of it ("piss poor" is my new favourite expression, if you haven't noticed). I haven't worked on any crafty projects in months, haven't talked to my pregnant sister more than a week, haven't read any books or surfed any new web sites. Then there's the new recipes I want to try. The photo treks, camping weekends and antique-hunting road trips I want to plan...

Maybe it's just that I get on a roll and the more I do, the more I want to do. But it seems that everyone else I talk to is writing a novel, or volunteering, or throwing dinner parties, or training for a triathalon or some such thing. Where do these people find the time? Am I the only person in this city who needs at least seven hours of sleep each night?

3 comments:

Mat-E said...

Clearly this post was not aimed at me...I think you know how sympathetic I can be to not having enough personal time (just look at my blog!). And for the record, I only sleep 5 hours a day, which frees up a whole two hours a day for eating and talking to my wife! No matter how busy you get, keep doing the things you love, even if they seem like too much effort in the face of all the shit you HAVE to do.

Erin said...

Um, yeah. I have many spare hours in my day but still just cleaned my bathtub for the first time in over a month because cleaning cuts into my Canadian Idol/Buddy petting/baby obsessing time. So no matter how "little" you manage to do, at least you always know one person who's doing less! Well, except that I am, of course, creating ANOTHER HUMAN BEING 24 hours a day. *lol*

Gillian said...

OK. You two helped put things in perspective. Even if one of you is creating life while the other single-handedly keeps the North American auto parts industry above water ;)