Happy Blogiversary to Me!

It's been one year since I started blogging. Actually, one year ago yesterday. I meant to post on my actual blogiversary but by the time I remembered I was heading to the Horseshoe to see The Constantines.

What a show! It was one of the standout shows of 2005 and now it'll be a 2006 highlight too. And in my all-time favourite venue, no less. I forgot how much The Constantines rock out live. The show was sold out, packed and LOUD. It'll be a few days before my ears fully recover (hope my parents didn't just read that or I'll get a lecture).

Back to the blogiversary... who knew I would keep this up for a whole year? My motivation for starting was really just to check out the technology because it's somewhat related to my work. But then I really got into it. I love having a forum to show off my photos and projects and I've found that it's made me more aware of how I observe and experience day-to-day life.

It's also changed the way I experience the web. I spend less and less time on standard sites and more and more time in blogs and forums reading user-generated content. The web has become a more personal space. And I've discovered entire communities of people with similar interests to me, which has in turn reinvigorated my creativity and interest in my hobbies.

So, I'm sure you're all dying to know what my stats are like. Well, my goal was to hit 100 posts in my first year but I was super busy last week so I came up short. This is post number 98. I'm averaging about 5 visits, 11 page views per day (down slightly since my sister went back to school). But the coolest part is that about 30% of my traffic comes from search engines.

My readers may not be aware that, while I can't identify you by name, I can track your visits by ISP. So I want to take this opportunity to thank my loyal fans from Magna International, Sunnybrook Hospital (now Sheridan College), sympatico.ca, Pathway Communications, rogers.com and CAMH. You know who you are.

0 comments: