Awesome Mixed Tape #1

Remember mixed tapes? Remember double tape decks? Ah, those were the days.

Well, the format may have changed but the art remains the same...

This is a mix that I made for my friend, Hilary. She's almost eight years old and she likes to dance and lip-sync in her room so I tried to keep it accessible, clean and upbeat - with a liberal dose of girl power. Of course, I couldn't resist sneaking in a bit of punk rock at the end. You can never start 'em too young.

Songs for Hilary - Vol. 1
  1. Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
  2. Lovely Day - Bill Withers
  3. Hey Ya! - OutKast
  4. Think (About It) - Lyn Collins
  5. Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill
  6. Crabbuckit - K-Os
  7. Ladyfingers - Luscious Jackson
  8. Independent Women - Destiny's Child
  9. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
  10. Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
  11. Praise You - Fatboy Slim
  12. Stand By Me, Yeah - Sloan
  13. Buddy Holly - Weezer
  14. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  15. I Must Be Hateful - Lagwagon
Next up is a mix for me, which will undoubtably be louder, faster and in need of a parental advisory sticker.

0 comments: