I Keep Getting Older...

...and they stay the same age.

I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I read it a bunch of times when I was in my teens and early twenties and I always envisioned Arthur Dent to be 10 or 15 years older than me. That's pretty old from the perspective of a teenager. That just about put Arthur Dent in the same category as my parents. Now I'm reading it again and Arthur and I are about the same age. It's totally changing the character for me. He doesn't even look the same in my mind's eye (he's younger-looking and more attractive this time around). I find I'm relating to him much more, which is a little weird considering how ridiculously far-fetched the book is.

The upcoming movie is what inspired me to read The Guide again. Usually, I cringe whenever I hear that one of my favourite books is being adapted to the big screen but I'm feeling very optimistic about this one after seeing the trailers. I never really had a clear image of Ford in my head but Mos Def is most definitely working for me!

0 comments: